Wednesday, September 22, 2010

1919

       After  I received my doctorate from the University of Neuchâtel,  I realized that I was becoming more and more interested in psychology, thanks to my godfather. He  introduced me to philosophy and biology. I worked at the psychology labs in Zurich and at Bleuler's psychiatric clinic. It was here where I was introduced to the works of Jung, Freud, and others.I studied psychoanalysis at Zurich under the tutorial of Carl Jung and Eugen Bleuler.  It was here where I realized I had developed an interest in psychoanalysis. After a semester in the University of Zurich, I left Switzerland for France.

   I taught psychology and philosophy at the Sorbonne in Paris. Currently, I am working at the Ecole de la rue de la Grange-aux-Belles a boys' institution founded by Alfred Binet. Right now it is being directed by De Simon. Both Binet and Simon developed a test to measure intelligence. They have asked me to help
 them. As I work with them, I have realized that I don't care for the right or wrong style of this test. I am more interested in the mistakes the children we test make. I plan to present them with a variety of questions to find out how their minds reason. Now I realize what I want to study. I want to work in the field of inductive and experimental psychology. I want to understand how the minds of children work!