Wednesday, September 29, 2010

1971

      Today I woke up and did the usual things. At 4 in the morning, I was up and writing. I always do this before I leave to teach at the University or leave for a meeting. After lunch, I walked and pondered on my interests. "I always like to think about a  problem before reading about it". Before I went to bed, I read a book. This are things I find myself doing on a regular basis.
   I feel that I am getting close to the end of my career.I have lived a great life. I was able to answer the question that so intrigued me. Looking back I realize that I have written  over 60 books and many, many articles. I still can't believe that I started out writing on an albino sparrow! It really is hard to believe that was the start of my career. Now I find myself finishing my studies on  genetic epistemology.
   This summer I plan to go to the Alpine Mountains in Europe. Of course, this is where I always go for my vacations.Its very different from Geneva, Switzerland. Also, it's such a great place to write. I think this will be my last post. I hope that my discoveries in cognitive development helps people throughout the world. I hope that after people learn from my discoveries, they will see children like I do.




Figure 1. The Inspiration web above illustrates Piaget's four cognitive development stages; sensorimotor (birth-2 years), preoperational (2 - 7 years), concrete operational (7 - 11 years), and formal operational (adolescence - adulthood). By Tiffany Davis, Meghann Hummel, and Kay Sauers (2006)
FOUR STAGES OF COGNITIVE DEVELOPMENT