Thursday, September 23, 2010

1933

       Its been a while.Right now,I am exhausted.My wife gave birth to a boy a few years back in 1931. We named him Laurent Piaget.I don't think I've mentioned my daughters? In 1925, my first daughter, Jacqueline was born. In 1927, my second daughter Lucienne was born. I can't believe Valentine and I have such a big family now. I met my wife, Valentine Châtenay, at the institute I worked in. She was a student at that time. We married in 1923. Ever since then, she's been my constant co-worker.
     I was glad when she gave birth to my children. I have been studying and observing their behaviors. Their intellectual development from infancy to language has also been studied. I plan to write a book on Laurent's development. I already wrote two books; one from studying Lucienne and the other from studying Jacqueline. My first 5 books on child psychology were written when my students and I researched the reasoning of elementary school children at 
the Institut J. J. Rousseau in Geneva.
     A lot has changed since my last post. From 1925 to 1929 I have occupied chairs in psychology, sociology, and history of science at Neuchâtel and history of thinking at Geneva. Also in 1929,I became the director of the International Bureau of Education. From everything I've learned, I think that the mind of a child evolves through a series of set stages through adulthood. My research is not finished yet, but right now, that is what I believe.


Jean Piaget en famille vers 1934.
Family Potrait